The Honorable Stephen P. Linebaugh
Nationally Certified Civil Mediator
• National Judicial College, Reno, Nevada, May 2008 & May 2017
• Trial judge 19 years
• Presided over more than 100 civil jury trials (significant number of med mal cases) and more than 100 non-jury trials since 2003
• Handled only civil cases since 2007
• 19th Judicial District of Pennsylvania Court of Common Pleas of York County Elected to the bench November 1997; retained in 2007
• Elected President Judge by his fellow judges in 2010
Guest Speaker & Lecturer
• Pennsylvania Conference of State Trial Judges
• Pennsylvania Bar Institute
• National District Attorneys Association
• Pennsylvania Protection from Abuse Database Convention
• National Business Institute
• York County Bar Association
• 2015 PBA - Chief Justice Ronald D. Castile Judge’s Award
• 2006 PBA - “Everyday Leader Award” for his work with the Adult Treatment Courts in York County
• Prior to being elected Judge, practiced law in York from 1972 until 1998.
• Judge Linebaugh received his B.A. from the University of Pittsburgh in 1969 and his J.D. from the University of Pittsburgh School of Law in 1972.
• Born and raised in York County. Ancestors settled in Dover Township, York County, in the 1760's. He continues to reside in Dover Township. Judge Linebaugh and his wife have been married for 47 years. They have two daughters and three granddaughters.